Friday, November 02, 2012

Jethro Tull

I always thought Jethro Tull was this overcomplicated, pretentious bullshit for old people (it doesn't help that I'm not very fond of 70s music). Well, it kinda changed a few weeks ago when I started watching Supernatural season 8, and heard Locomotive Breath in the opener.
I then snooped for videos on youtube, and heard Bouree. It was quirky but magical and pretty much a love at first sound. Since then Jethro Tull is my latest obsession.

I've already heard "Aqualung" and "Stand Up", and made my way through "Songs From The Wood" - which is almost completely perfect, "Heavy Horses" - which is half perfect and half just good, and "Stormwatch" which I'm still getting to know.

Favorite tracks so far include:
Heavy Horses,
Flying Dutchman
Jack in the Green
The Whistler
Aqualung

Soon gonna have to decide which album to listen to next.

No comments:

Post a Comment